While the Tubi app is available directly on your Vizio SmartCast TV (find out how in this help article), you can also cast from your computer, smartphone, or tablet to the Vizio TV's built-in Chromecast.
To cast the Tubi app from your computer, smartphone, or tablet to your Vizio TV:
1. Open the Tubi app and tap/click the casting icon:
2. Select the device you want to cast to. If you have multiple SmartCast or other Chromecast devices in your home, you will see several options available.
3. Once you have selected your desired SmartCast/Chromecast device, start playing your desired Tubi movie or TV episode. The video will start playing on your TV, but you will control it from the computer/smartphone/tablet.
Having trouble casting to your Vizio TV?
1. Make sure the SmartCast Device and your tablet or smart phone are connected to the same network.
2. Make sure the Tubi app is up-to-date.
- For Android Devices: Open the Google Play Store and open the menu. Click on the option for "My Apps & Games". Search this screen for the Tubi app; if it shows "Update" next to the application, you'll need to select the app and update it.
- For iOS Devices: Open the App Store on the device and click on "Updates" in the lower right corner. This will open the updates and show any apps on your device that have a pending update.
3. If the Tubi app still won’t cast, try rebooting both devices. To do this: power off the SmartCast Display or Sound Bar and control device (phone, tablet, or computer) and then power each back on.
Power cycle the network. To do this: unplug the power cord from your router for 5-10 seconds, then reconnect the power. After this is complete wait 1-2 minutes for the router to power back up, and then try casting the application again.
4. If the Tubi app doesn't cast, try casting a second application. If another app is casting, the SmartCast Display, the wireless network, and the control device (tablet, phone, or computer) are working. Please contact Tubi Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
5. Try casting from another device (tablet, phone, computer, etc.). If other devices are capable of casting to the SmartCast Display, it may be an issue with the control device. Consult the device manufacturer for further troubleshooting.