If you're having trouble watching Tubi videos on your Apple TV (4th generation), please try the troubleshooting steps below. Please note that we do not have an app available on the Apple TV 3rd generation and below.
Close and restart the app:
- Turn on Apple TV.
- While on the Home screen, double-click the TV button on the Siri/ Apple TV Remote. It is the top button on the right side of the face of the remote with a TV icon on it.
- Swipe to the right on the trackpad to find Tubi.
- Swipe up on the trackpad to force the app to close.
- To exit Multitasking, press the "Menu" button on the Siri/Apple TV Remote.
- Now find the Tubi app on your Apple TV Home Screen and press the trackpad to select and open it.
If the issue persists, please restart your Apple TV by one of the options below:
- If you have an Apple TV 4k or Apple TV (4th generation) go to Settings > System > Restart.
-Using your remote:
- With your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, hold down the TV button and the "Menu" buttons. Let go when the light on your device flashes.
-Unplugging your Apple TV:
- If the Settings menu and your remote don't restart your device, unplug your Apple TV from power. Wait six seconds, then plug it back in.
If the issues continue, you can:
Verify your network settings
- By going to Settings > Network on your Apple TV
- If you are having trouble connecting to the Internet, please reference this article in the Apple TV Help Center for assistance troubleshooting: Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV
Update your Apple TV software
- You can update your Apple TV software by visiting Settings > System > Software Updates and Select Update Software.