There are two ways to turn on subtitles/Closed Captions on your Amazon Fire TV/Stick: from the Tubi Settings menu or on the individual video itself.
From the Tubi settings menu:
Navigate to the left side of the screen to find "Settings" towards the bottom.
Scroll down to enter the Closed Captions menu:
Navigate right to activate/deactivate Closed Captions across all videos and customize the appearance of your captions on Tubi.
Note: If you turn captioning on from this menu, captions will be on for all Tubi videos with captioning available. You can still choose to deactivate captions for an individual video following the instructions below.
On the individual video:
- Open the Tubi app.
- Select the video you'd like to watch from the Tubi home screen.
- Make sure you see the CC icon near the top right of your screen, by the video's maturity rating (e.g. PG-13, TV-G, etc.). If the video doesn't have this icon, it doesn't have Closed Captions available on Tubi. This example shows the CC icon present:
- Press Play to begin playing the video.
- Once the video begins playing (after the ad break finishes), press the Play/Pause button on your Amazon Fire Stick/TV remote to bring up the playback controls. The Play or Pause button will be highlighted, like this:
- Using the remote, scroll/page right until the "CC" icon, which will appear at the bottom right corner of the screen, is selected. This is how your CC toggle looks when selected but still turned off:
- Hit Select (or the middle of the scrollpad on your remote). The CC icon will turn orange. This is what it looks like when it's toggled to the On position:
- If you turn on Closed Captions and you don't see captions appear during dialog, please contact us and let us know what you were watching so we can review the title!