There are two ways to turn on subtitles/Closed Captions on your Roku: from the Roku Settings menu or on the individual video itself.
From the Roku settings menu:
- Press the Home button. on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- To open the captions menu, select Accessibility.
- Select Captions Mode and choose when captions appear.
On the individual video:
- Open the Tubi app.
- Select the video you'd like to watch from the Tubi home screen.
- Make sure you see the CC icon near the top right of your screen, by the video's maturity rating (e.g. PG-13, TV-G, etc.). If the video doesn't have this icon, it doesn't have Closed Captions available on Tubi. This example shows the CC icon present:
- Press Play to begin playing the video.
- Once the video begins playing (after the ad break finishes), press the Play/Pause button on your Roku remote to bring up the playback controls. The Play or Pause button will be highlighted, like this:
- Using the remote, scroll/page right until the "CC" icon, which will appear at the bottom right corner of the screen, is selected. This is how your CC toggle looks when selected but still turned off:
- Hit Select (or the middle of the scrollpad on your remote). The CC icon will turn orange. This is what it looks like when it's toggled to the On position:
If you turn on Closed Captions and you don't see captions appear during dialog, please contact us and let us know what you were watching so we can review the title!
Please note that on Roku, the CC toggle will always be present in the lower right corner of the video player, even if captions are not available for that video.