There are two ways to turn on subtitles/Closed Captions on your Playstation: from the Tubi Settings menu or on the individual video itself.
Activate captions from the Tubi settings menu
Navigate to the left side of the screen to find "Settings" towards the bottom.
Scroll down to enter the Closed Captions menu:
Navigate right to activate/deactivate Closed Captions across all videos and customize the appearance of your captions on Tubi.
Note: If you turn captioning on from this menu, captions will be on for all Tubi videos with captioning available. You can still choose to deactivate captions for an individual video following the instructions below.
Activate captions on the individual video
- Open the Tubi app.
- Select the video you'd like to watch from the Tubi home screen.
- Make sure you see the CC icon near the top right of your screen, by the video's maturity rating (e.g. PG-13, TV-G, etc.). If the video doesn't have this icon, it doesn't have Closed Captions available on Tubi. This example shows the CC icon present:
- Press Play to begin playing the video.
- Once the video begins playing (after the ad break finishes), press a button on your Playstation controller to bring up the playback controls.
- Using the controller, scroll/page right until the captions icon, which will appear at the bottom right corner of the screen as CC toggle, is highlighted.
- Select the toggle with your controller. When captions are activated, the CC toggle in the lower right corner will turn orange.
- If you turn on Closed Captions and you don't see captions appear during dialog, please contact us and let us know what you were watching so we can review the title!