Knowing the model number gets you the information and services specific to your Sony. The model number is on your device, the packaging and the manual. You can find more information below:
Sony Blu-Ray disc devices:
- Blu-ray Disc™ Player: The model number is located on the front and back. (e.g., BDP-S580)
- Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theatre: The model number is located on the front of the main player. (e.g., BDV-E500W)
- Internet TV Blu-ray™ Disc Player: The model number is located on the front and bottom. (e.g., NSZ-GT1)
- Blu-ray Disc™ Portable Player: The model number is on the front near, or on, the disc compartment cover. (e.g., BDP-SX1000)
Sony Smart TVs:
- The model number is usually found on the back of the television. Some television models may also have the model number listed on the front lower portion of the frame or in the System Information menu of the television. If the television is very large, or mounted on a wall, you may want to check the cover of the manual for the model number or the purchase receipt. (e.g., KDL-65HX729).
- On some televisions, you can find the model number by going to your Sony Smart TV Home then clicking on "Settings"- "Support" -"About".
Need more information? Please check out the How to Find your Model Number article in the Sony Support Site.