Minimum Internet Connection Speed
Users should have at least a 1mb/s (1000 kb/s) broadband internet connection in order to stream videos on Tubi.
Optimum Internet Connection Speed
4 mb/s (4000 kb/s) or more is needed for the best audio and video experience on Tubi.
For steps on how to check your Internet Speed please scroll down this page.
Tubi uses HLS streams that change the bit rate of the movie every ten seconds, depending on the bandwidth detected. The streaming bit rate automatically switches to a different bit-rate depending on whether the connection has improved or depreciated since the last ten second clips bit-rate was detected. The slower the connection speed, the lower the bit-rate.
You can also change the streaming bit-rate manually on the Tubi app on the website and Android mobile devices.
How to change the bit-rate on Web?
- Go to www.tubi.tv.
- Select and Play a video.
- Hover over the video playback screen so the video controls appear at the bottom.
- Click on the "SD" or "HD" button on the bottom right. We display "SD" when no HD is available or you've set the bit-rate to "SD".
- Click on the lowest bit rate option(bottom option).
How to change the bit-rate on Android?
- Open the Tubi app.
- Play a video.
- Tap on the screen while the video is playing and tap on "HD" on the top right corner.
- Tap on the lowest bit rate option (top option).
Please go to https://fast.com. As soon as you click on the link, you'll see changing numbers displayed. When the numbers stop changing, your Internet download speed will be displayed. It will look something like this: 10 mbps or 250 kbps. As noted, above, you should have at least a 1mb/s (1000 kb/s) broadband internet connection in order to stream videos on Tubi.